The best part about developing with machine learning today is that you can get started with no prior experience.
Dr. Abdullah AlMutairi from College of Computing Sciences and Engineering at Kuwait University will be presenting an introduction into machine learning and applications in Tensor Flow.
At this event, Dr. Abdullah AlMutairi will introduce Machine Learning basics, and TensorFlow, an open source library for machine intelligence. Then we’ll work through some codelabs (guided step by step tutorials). Please bring a laptop and charger.
Both topics need a long time to master but we are hoping to show interested developers how to started (especially with the ready to use APIs, and perhaps the basic
TensorFlow tutorials) even if they’re entirely new to the field.
HowTo Start Developing with Machine Learning
6pm Guests arrive
6:30pm Machine learning basics and TensorFLow
7:45pm Coding session
What is Google’s Machine Learning developer platform?
By Google’s Machine Learning developer platform, we mean all the resources we have to help
developers who want to use machine learning. Broadly speaking, it can be divided into three
- Ready to use APIs
- The best part about developing with ML today is that you can get started with no prior experience.
- Google Cloud Platform provides APIs for Vision, Natural Language, Speech, and Translation.
- Mobile Vision provides APIs for Face Detection, Text Recognition, and Barcode Scanning on Android and iOS
- All of these have a simple interface
- None require prior experience with machine learning
- TensorFlow is an open source library for machine learning. And it’s the most popular ML library on Github.
- TensorFlow is used by researchers, data scientists, and developers.
- TensorFlow is capable of largescale machine learning, and it is productionready.
- If you’re new to machine learning, you can use TensorFlow to explore (we encourage you do so, and dive in!) There are tutorials (like Beginners MNIST) that are accessible to novices. Others are for experienced machine learning developers.
Finally, we have managed services to support more complex usecases.
- Cloud Machine Learning is a platform for building, training, and running custom models of almost any size, on Google’s infrastructure.
- Currently in “alpha”, but good to be aware of down the road.
What to bring
Laptop, charger and a curious mind.